A sahm's adventures in crafting, gardening, hiking, and trying to raise boys who can think.

Sunday, February 03, 2008

A crafty rainy day...and a great book


Yet another rainy day.

T-bone and I went to Michaels today to get spray paint for his Pinewood Derby car (er...truck), being that it's that time of year again. I also needed (really!) some yarn (black and white in sport weight) and thread (for a project already going, and I'm running out!). More on those in the future.

When he heard we were going, E-man demanded "One of those wood things!" I had no clue what he meant til we were there. Of course! The $1 wood craft kits. So, we chose a semitruck for E-man. Which meant T-bone had to have...a semitruck. That is them in progress above. I am painting E-mans, of course (to exactly match the box, no less), but he painted on the glue to put it together. T-bone needs no help. He is painting some logo--looks familiar, but I can't place it. And just what we need, more completed wood craft kits roaming the floors...

I also started my Ravelry book club afghan block (that's what I needed the b&w for) for the best book I have read in a loooong time.
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. What a great book. I had never heard of it, it is marketed as a Young Adult novel. A wee bit more intense than Harry Potter. I'll post my square when I'm done, I've already frogged it twice. Hopefully the third time's a charm.

No comments: