A sahm's adventures in crafting, gardening, hiking, and trying to raise boys who can think.

Friday, January 25, 2008

Crochet crochet

This is E-man's Turtle Sweater. The back is done, the front is done, 1 sleeve is done, the other sleeve is started. I might actually get this done while it's still chilly! Of course, then I get to start one for T-bone. Both are out of Knitpicks' Swish Superwash DK. E-man chose a dark and light blue (there is contrast trim), T-bone picked green and red.

This sweater is actually pretty neat, because it is done side-to-side, which gives it a fair amount of horizontal stretch. It has some variety, with a pattern of sc, flo sc, dc (which I changed to hdc to get gauge), and flo dc (hdc if you're me).

I have also made a lot of progress on the doily I'm doing to see if I can (using size 30 with a 10 hook). I have no idea what I will do with it, not being much of a doily person and all. They are pretty fun to make, though. I nice change of pace from yarn. I also finally started a long-overdue baby afghan, but I can't discuss that here. Though since I haven't announced this blog, no one is reading anyway!

Hoping to get help on the progress bars from some Ravelry genius.

1 comment:

Ellen Bloom said...

I can't wait to see how this sweater comes out. I've been intrigued by this pattern. So far, it looks good!